Truck Drivers: Beware And Prepare - A Guide To Driving A Truck In The Northeast





As someone who is investigating opportunities in a truck driving career, you must have heard horror stories about trucks in the Northeast. Crowded street stories, lack of parking spaces, and constant fighting for scrambling so you won't miss it, it's all true. A driver is not alive until they experience transportation in the Northeast. This region of the United States is one place that cannot be prepared by a truck-driving school. Even experienced drivers will stop first and improve before handling what lies ahead.

The main problem driving in this region of the United States covers several areas. The first problem, obviously, is a very large amount of traffic. Thousands of vehicles do battle to reach wherever they go. Traffic jams, accidents and, inside the city, pedestrians ANYWHERE! In the New York City area, it is not an easy task to unload 18 wheeled vehicles filled with hundreds of cars and thousands of people, and which were originally built in the mid-1800s!

The second problem area caused a lot of aggravation and pressure in the field of driving trucks. There is no parking lot. After you pass a certain area, parking becomes obsolete. Without trucks, America stops. However, in areas such as the Northeast, they do not provide a place for these drivers to stop and rest or even just to catch their breath. Also, once you have reached your origin or destination, the space is usually very narrow, so it can actually take hours to just be backed up to the dock to be loaded or unloaded. Stories can continue about the Northeast. In recent years, many drivers have begun to refuse to run to this area. Other problem areas that are too numerous to expand include high toll rates, broken and worn road surfaces that will shake your teeth, hateful sentiments, disrespect dump truck hino displayed on the trucking industry and the danger of directly entering the area at times certain in a day.

Many years ago I had a delivery scheduled for 4:00 A.M. in the Bronx. Not knowing better, I ran in and found the place and parked in front on a quiet-looking street. That's 2:00 A.M. Within minutes drug dealers were around my truck, using it as a blockade to protect themselves from police cars that passed every thirty minutes. Finally, a man in his mid-twenties came to my window and motioned for me to put him down. Lowering about a quarter of the way, he offered me medicine, when he jumped on the truck ladder. I politely declined, so he offered me his "girlfriend" who was standing a few feet away. Once again, I politely refused. He then explained that I had to pay $ 20 to park there. I told him I was just going away, not knowing where I was going. He then said, "Hey, asking for $ 20 is better than armed robbery, isn't it?". I stared back at him and as his eyes hardened and his hand slipped into his coat pocket, I knew that the situation was getting worse. So what did I do? I laugh. I just laughed and said he was absolutely right and I gave up $ 20 and then returned to Turn Pike and parked along a place that was very frequently traveled, with good lighting. Like my 4:00 in the morning. The schedule passed, I slept until the sun rose and returned to the customer. I explained why I was late and unloaded and learned about transportation in this area.

As a new driver, not experienced in driving trucks, this is a mistake that you don't need to do. Now, after years of driving trucks and passing Northeast more than I can count, I won't even think about it. After a while, you get to know the parking area. You learn the places where you can turn off, safely, and wait for your appointment time. You will know the exact place where you can arrive, not only for New York City, but for other rough areas such as New Jersey, Maryland and Connecticut.

Komentar